Friday, August 9, 2013

Pinterest Picks 7

Spicy Thai Basil Chicken


This was so good that I took the pic above and texted my husband to tell him to come home soon because the chicken was disappearing fast. This was my first time using chile paste, and I actually expected the chicken to turn out much more spicy than it did. It was mostly sweet with a little spice.

Then I got on a salsa kick.

First I made Salsa #1
I could not stop eating it. This makes a pretty small batch, so I will double it next time.

Then I made Salsa #2
This makes a HUGE batch. I ran out of chips and I was sad. Unfortunately, I tried to blend it all at once, and the garlic didn't get chopped up as much as I would have liked. Still good though!

Healthy Penne Alla Vodka
I have formed the opinion that Penne Alla Vodka should not be healthy. Also, this recipe has no mention of vodka except in the name of the recipe. Probably because you get the tangy taste from the Greek yogurt and don't really need it. I added some anyway. I definitely prefer the unhealthy Pioneer Woman version. :)

All of the recipes I try end up on my Tried and True Recipes board. Feel free to follow.

Shared here:
Pinned It Made it Monday @ Country Girl at Home

1 comment:

  1. That chicken looks SO good! Bet it got your husband home quickly! :)

    And I've never tried my own salsa but I want to! I love salsa!

    Thanks for sharing your recipes and how they turned out! And thanks for participating in Pinned it Made it Monday too!

    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete